UPSC Civil Services(CSAT/IAS) 2019: Union Public Commission Services (UPSC) will be released the UPSC Civil Services 2018 notification in the month of January 2018 for the 2018-2019 year.USPSC will recruit the candidates of various civil services like Indian Admission Services(IAS), India Police Services(IPS),Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Group A, Group B and other essential services for the year 2018-2019.The UPSC will be released the UPSC Calendar for every year for recruit the candidates in various positions and it will be very useful for job aspirants.So eligible candidates who are seeking for such as IAS,IPS,IFS and other services can apply online mode only.To know more details regarding UPSC Civil Services CSAT/ IAS 2018 Notification,Registration,Application form,Exam Date,Fee,How to Apply and other details given below.
- 1 List of Services
- 2 Selection Procedure
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civils Exam 2018 (IAS)
- 4 Number of Attempts
- 5 UPSC Civils Exam Dates 2018
- 6 UPSC Civil Services 2018 Application form
- 7 Application Fee details for UPSC Civils Services
- 8 UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern
- 9 Preliminary Exam Pattern
- 10 Main Exam Pattern
- 11 UPSC Civil Services 2018 Admit Card
- 12 UPSC Civil Services 2018 Result
- 13 CutOff
List of Services
- Indian Administrative Service(IAS)
- Indian Police Service(IPS)
- Indian Foreign Service(IFS)
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defense Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
UPSC will be made final merit list according to the candidate performance in three stages (Prelims, Mains & Interview). The following stages will be consider for final selection.Only main exam & Interview marks will be considered for final selection list.
Stage-1 : Preliminary Exam (Qualifying Test for Mains)
Stage-2: Main Exam (Descriptive Type)
Stage-3: Personal Interview
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civils Exam 2018 (IAS)
Candidate must know the eligibility criteria before going to apply.The following eligibility conditions are required to appear the UPSC Civils Services Exam.
Candidate must have Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.Candidates are appearing the final year exams can also apply.
|Category||Age limit (upto)|
Number of Attempts
|Open Category||6 times|
UPSC Civils Exam Dates 2018
|Civils Services (IAS)||Date|
|Notification Released on||January 2018|
|Application form availability||February 2018|
|Last date for Application Submission||March 2018|
|Prelims Admit card||May 2018|
|UPSC IAS Prelims Exam date||June 2018|
|Prelims exam result||August 2018|
|Main Exam Admit Card Availability||September 2018|
|Main Exam Date||Octoner 2018|
|Declaration of final result||January 2019|
UPSC Civil Services 2018 Application form
Aspirants for UPSC civil services like IAS,IPS,IES and other need to fill Application form online through official website i.e www.upsconline.nic.in.Before going to apply applicant must know the instructions carefully by visiting the official website.Eligible candidate should be apply online only ,there is no other mode to apply.Here we are providing procedure to complete the “IAS 2018 Application form ” through the online.
Candidate need to register for both PART-1 & PART -2 to complete successfully.
➢Goto official website www.upsconline.nic.in
➢Click on “Application form” of the home page
➢Select PART-1 for registration with applicant details such as Name,parents name,date of birth,permanent address etc.
➢After registration for part-1, candidate will receive a registration number.
➢Now the candidate login with registration no. PART-2 Registration and candidate should enter the required information in the form.
➢Upload candidate scanned Photo & signature in required format.
➢Finally pay the fee (Rs.100/-) through the Credit/Debit/Internet banking or SBIetc.
➢Take printout of the application for future reference.
Application Fee details for UPSC Civils Services
Candidates have to pay application fee through Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
- General – Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/PH Candidates no need to pay.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern
The UPSC Civil Serices (IAS) written Exam will be conducted in 3 stages namely Preliminary Main Exam & Personality Test & Interview.Preliminary exam is a qualifying exam for mains.To qualify the exam,Candidate must obtain the minimum cut-off marks in each section decided by examination authority.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
1.Exam will be conducted in offline mode with 2 papers in 7 hours duration.
2.Each paper consists 200 objective type questions of 200 Marks.
3.Each question will be awarded for 1 Mark and 1/3 Mark penalty for wrong answer choosing.
|Paper I||General Ability Test||200 marks|
|Paper II||English Language & aptitude||200 marks|
Main Exam Pattern
1.The Mains exam will be conducted in Descriptive test mode.
2.It consists of 2 Parts (Qualifying Papers & Papers to be counted for Merit list).
3.Candidate should have to qualify the PAPER-A & PAPER-B.
|Paper A||Indian Language||300 marks|
|Paper B||English Language||300 marks|
Papers to be Consider for Merit
|Paper-1||Paper I: Essay||250|
|Paper-2||Paper II: General Studies-I
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
|Paper-3||Paper III: General Studies-II
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
|Paper-4||Paper IV: General Studies-III
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
|Paper-5||Paper V: General Studies-IV
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
|Paper-6||Paper VI: Optional Subject-Paper1||250|
|Paper-7||Paper-VII: Optional Subject-Paper 2||250|
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750|
UPSC Civil Services 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Card will be available on UPSC website on October 2018 tentatively.Aspirants must download Hall ticket through the online only.The examination authority will not send the the hall ticket by post.So candidate must visit the official website and must enter the candidate registration number to download the Admit card.
UPSC Civil Services 2018 Result
The UPSC Civil Services exam result will be released for preliminary and main exams separately.The preliminary result will be available in the month of August 2018 and Main exam result will be declared on January 2019.After successful completion of Candidates can check their result by the candidate roll no. in PDF format file.
The cutoff marks for exams for preliminary ,main & personal interview will be declared in the month of January 2018 after the examination and interview.Candidates will be short listed based on cutoff marks by UPSC depending upon number vacancies in particular category.
IAS Exam Prelims Admit Card Download
UPSC 2018 Exam Calendar